2012 Football Challenge
How to play
- You must be a registered CougarFan member, but membership is free! Go to
the sign-up page and fill out your Fan Profile!
- Read official rules below.
- Once you are a registered CougarFan member, login and make your picks! You must fill
in your predictions of BYU's score and their opponent's score for each of BYU's
- You can form your own group, invite your friends and have your own
prizes! What a great way to keep in touch with distant (or close)
- Check back weekly to find out how you scored that week and how you rank
against those in your group.
- If you are already registered, login here:
- Entry Prize: 2 tickets to BYU vs.
Oregon St. Homecoming football game on Oct. 13. One winner to be
determined by random drawing on September 1st. One entry per football
challenge game entry per person (based on email address). One
additional entry for creating/joining a group of more than 5 people (invite
- Game Winner Prize: To be determined...if we get sponsors...
Sponsorship available: If you wish to sponsor the Football Challenge game, please contact us here.
- Picks for each game must be finalized prior to kickoff for that specific
game. Changes will be allowed to any future games. National finish picks must be finalized before the first
game and changes will not be allowed after that time.
- Scores will be calculated based on the following formula: There is
a maximum of 50 points for each game. Thirty points will be awarded
for each correct prediction of the outcome of the game (win or
loss). Additional points (up to 10 points for each team's score)
will be awarded based on the closeness of your predicted score to the
actual score of the team. If you predict the exact score for a team,
you will receive 10 extra points. You will receive 9 extra points if
you predicted within 1 point of the actual score for that team and so
on. Even if you don't predict the correct outcome, you could
still score points! For example:
You predicted: BYU 25, Utah 14
Actual score: BYU 29, Utah 23
You would earn 30 points for correctly predicting the outcome (a
BYU win). You would earn 6 extra points for being within 4
points of BYU's score. You would earn 1 extra point for being
within 9 points of Utah's score. Your total for that week
would be 37 points.
- The grand prize winner will be the person with the highest point total
at the end of the season. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker
(national finish prediction) will be used to determine a winner. The national finish will be taken from the
first. If BYU is not ranked there, the highest ranking from the AP
or USA Today polls will be used. If BYU is not ranked in either of
those two polls, the Sagarin computer rankings will be used. If
Sagarin's computer had a meltdown and is unavailable, the webmaster's dad
will win the prize.
© Copyright 2000-2012 CougarFan.com, all rights reserved